NOS Early Ford Columbia Rr Axle - SOLD

Post only hot rod & Kustom parts only...

Moderators: Larry, kireol

NOS Early Ford Columbia Rr Axle - SOLD

Postby safari-wagon » Thu May 02, 2013 3:56 pm

This beauty has been hiding under one of the benches in the shop for over a decade now & we recently found it looking for something else.
I remember buying it off of a collector with the intention of putting it under my roadster, but you know how plans change...
I was told that it came out of a damaged crate with factory markings. He said he believed it to be NOS. I agreed with him, because there are NO signs of any bolts ever being torqued on this assembly other than those on the bells. The vacuum unit appears to be in perfect condition.

You can still see the white inspection paint on the LH side where the backing plate mounts. Backing plate to backing plate mounts measure 53-1/4", with the spring centers at 46".

I asked our local Packard restorer (Jocko) to inspect it to see if his opinion agrees with mine. It did. It is truly a NOS Columbia for the early 37-41 cars.

It is complete and it's for sale with local pickup preferred. Shipping/crating can be arranged at buyers expense.

With well used Columbias bringing $2k & a rebuild costing almost that much, this is a killer deal!

It will be avail for inspection at the Warren, MI Swap Meet this weekend.

PM me or call 248.496.0323.

SOLD & SENT TO AUSTRALIA
"What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
Edward Langley, Artist (1928-95)
safari-wagon

Return to Parts For Sale